- Serenity of spirit while focusing on the needs of others
- Remaining calm and counting to 10 when you are upset
- Asking the Holy Spirit to help you see things differently
- Taking a break when you are upset
- Waiting without complaining
- Walk away when you are angry instead of fighting
- One, two, three…
- Come, Holy Spirit, and show me what I should do.
- Give me a minute, please.
Be angry but do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, Read More ScriptureColossians 3:12
Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, and patience, Read More ScriptureGenesis 43:29-31
And he lifted up his eyes, and saw his brother Benjamin, his mother's son, and said, "Is this your youngest brother, of whom you spoke to me? God be gracious to you, my son!" Then Joseph made haste, for his heart yearned for his brother, and he sought a place to weep. And he entered his chamber and wept there. Then he washed his face and came out; and controlling himself he said, "Let food be served. Read More ScriptureJames 5:10-11
As an example of suffering and patience, brethren, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. Behold, we call those happy who were steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful. Read More ScriptureMatthew 5:38-42
"You have heard that it was said, `An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also; and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well; and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Read More Scripture